Bumper stickers of STA

by Mickey Redlingshafer

[nggallery id=337]

STA stickers

There are many different STA bumper stickers, According to junior Kathleen Connor she likes her STA bumper sticker because it helps her make connections with others around Kansas City.

“I love having an STA bumper sticker because it lets people know where I go to school,” Connor said. “It is really cool because I can meet others through it. Alumnae will approach me and talk about when they used to go there. Parents will ask me if I like it and what it is like, and other students can tell I am an STA girl just by my sticker.”

Onward and Upward

Many STA student’s car’s have a blue sticker saying Onward and Upward, these stickers are in honor of Kevin Gray, father of alumnae Lindsey and Caroline Gray, and their sisters, senior Peepers and sophomore Gigi. Kevin passed away in the summer of 2011. According to Peepers, she likes the stickers because they remind her of her dad and all he did.

“When I see someone driving with the sticker I usually speed up to try to see who it is and then it gets uncomfortable if I don’t know them,” Gray said.” Every time I see [the stickers] it just reminds me of what a good person my dad was and the true impact he left on Kansas City.

Vineyard vines

This pink whale is the logo for Vineyard Vines, a designer that many STA students like to wear. According to senior Natalie Winterman, she likes Vineyard Vines clothes fine, but doesn’t wear it much, she mostly likes the way the whale looks.

“I put the whale on my car first because it was free,” Winterman said. “I also loved the way the pink whale looked on my car, it’s really cute.”

Dance team STA

Some members of the STA dance team have a dance team bumper sticker. This is the only official sports STA bumper sticker. According to junior Katherine Viviano, her favorite part of the bumper sticker is the slogan on the sticker.

“My favorite part is that it has the famous DT (dance team) slogan,” Viviano said.” DT4L (dance team for life) and also it’s a small shape: not too big, but still visible”

Romney/Obama

With the Elections coming up, many students have decided to show which candidate they support on their cars. According to senior Allison Hogan, she put the Romney sticker on her car after the Republican National Convention.

“I always love watching people’s reactions when I drive by them or am sitting at a stoplight in front of them,” Hogan said. “Watching the car behind me through my rearview mirror is entertaining, because either they are getting angry over my sticker or end up pulling up next to me and asking where I got it”

According to Anja Browning, she put an Obama sticker on her netbook case because she has strong political views.

“I have a very strong opinion when it comes to the election,” Browning said.”And I want to show my opinion in a non-insulting way, without having to get into an argument or debate. My parents got a little packet from the Obama campaign administration… and nobody else wanted the sticker, so I decided to take it. I like this one instead of another specifically saying his name and harsh propaganda because it only says “FORWARD,” which I like the idea of. Just moving forward, not too prejudiced toward one campaign or another.”

Monogram

Not only does Hogan have a Romny sticker, but she has a monogrammed bumper sticker too. According to Hogan, she got her bumper sticker online.

“For some reason I really love monogrammed things,” Hogan said. “And I went through a crazy phase where I monogrammed literally everything, and I put [the sticker] on my car.

I just love monograms in general, I think they’re cute and I like the color of the one on my car.”

BKS

Many STA girls, and people living in the surrounding areas have bumper stickers with the letters BKS, this stands for Brookside. Senior Kelly Stokes has and loves her BKS sticker. According to Stokes, she got her BKS on her 16th birthday from her mom and she loves it.

I think have a BKS sticker helps [me] connect with people all over,” Stokes said. “I get compliments on it and I will be somewhere further away and have people say they are also from Brookside. I think it’s cute.”

Pursue Good stuff

Junior Emily Hafner got her Pursue Good Stuff bumper sticker from her mom. She put it on her car because she likes the message it sends.

“To me [the Pursue Good Stuff bumper sticker] means to seize life in a positive way,” Hafner said.

run.

Senior cross-country runner Courtney Coppinger has a “run.” bumper sticker because

she loves to run.

“I feel like [running] is a large part of my life,” Coppingier said. “I got [the bumper] sticker at Gary Gribbles.”