STA to sponsor senior Powderpuff game

By Emily McCann

The STA senior class powderpuff game will be school sponsored this year and will take place on the new STA field. According to senior class officer Alex Mediavilla, the format will be flag football and spectators will pay a small fee.

According to Mediavilla, this is the first year the event will be school sponsored.

“[The senior class] would have felt uncomfortable going behind the administration’s back,” Mediavilla said. “The only way for us to do it was to go through the administration.”

Senior Elizabeth Daugherty believes that the changes to the format will affect the overall atmosphere of the game.

“People might hold back since it’s flag football,” Daugherty said. “And it will probably be a lot less crazy since it will be school sponsored and on school property.”

Despite the change in atmosphere, Daugherty says the school taking over sponsorship is a good thing.

“Although I’m upset we can’t tackle anyone it’s a good move on the school’s part to sponsor it,” Daugherty said. “The school can’t have us go out and embarrass ourselves like last year.”

Even though the format of the game has changed, the bottom line remains the same.

“I’m excited,” Daugherty said. “I just want to get out there and have fun.”