Faculty takes on “Parks and Rec.” for 2018 Auction Skit

The annual Auction Skit was held Thursday in the auditorium.

September 28, 2018

Teachers took on characters from Amy Poehler’s series Thursday, “Parks and Recreation,” for the annual skit-format announcement of the STA’s auction and raffle.

A special schedule was followed Thursday to allow time for the highly anticipated Auction Skit. Each year, the faculty writes, directs and performs a brief skit to showcase new prizes and incentives to encourage students to sell their tickets.

The cast of the fall musical, Monty Python's Spamalot, performs a preview for the student body Sept. 27. Seniors Margaret Jordhal, Polly Johnson, Nicole Ficklin and Elise Malone are pictured from left to right. photo by Margaux Renee

If students sell ten raffle tickets by Nov. 16 they will receive a pair of logo sweatpants to wear in lieu of their tartan skirts through Christmas. Additionally, if students sell five tickets by Oct. 9 they will win Betty Rae’s ice cream and if they sell five tickets by Oct. 30 they will win a free pizza lunch.

New this year though, is the Battle of the Buildings. M&A and Donnelley will compete to see which building can sell the most tickets before Nov. 8. The winners will receive limited edition STA t-shirts.