Local gift giving guide

Top gifts this holiday season in local Brookside stores.

Handmade ornaments hang on display in STUFF Nov. 14. 80% of STUFF’s items are made by local artists. photo by Amy Schaffer

by Reagan Penn and Aspen Cherrito

5B & CO. Brookside

With what seems like hundreds of candles in sight, this candle shop will have you wanting to buy every candle in the store, but two candles in particular might just grab your attention this season.

Frasier Fir

This candle, an expected big seller will have your entire home filled with the scent of the outdoors. This candle will bring a fresh Christmas tree scent into your home. Not only will you smell of Christmas trees, you will also have sense of warmth through the cold months.

Plaza Lights

This candle will bring you back to the beginning of the holiday season, with the lighting of the Plaza lights. The smell of the vanilla will remind you of the beautiful lights and fill your home with joy.

Brookside Barkery and Bath

This pet shop has everything your furry friend will need this holiday season with everything from dog treats to cat loungers.

Dog Treats

Dog treats are the perfect gift for your dog. While you munch on holiday cookies, give your pup a dog friendly Christmas cookie so he or she can get in the season.

Dog Toys

These toys make the perfect stocking stuffer. With all sorts of designs, candy canes, gingerbread, a turkey and red and green balls, your dog will immediately be in the spirit.

Stuff

With over 80 percent of products made locally, Stuff has the perfect gifts this holiday season. With the handmade ornaments, greeting cards, locally made jewelry and so much more, Stuff has something for everyone.

Handmade ornaments

These handmade paper pulp ornaments by artist Kevin Kloppenburg are sure to be a hit. Especially since the artist came to the store to sign his art.

Brookside Toy and Science

Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls

This book is perfect for any girl, with stories about strong women, it is sure to be an inspiration for anybody. The book is filled with 100 stories about 100 women from Amelia Earhart, J.K Rowling and Malala Yousafzai.

Lego Advent Calendar

This unique advent calendar is sure to get anyone ready for Christmas. Every day on the countdown to Christmas, another piece is built, until it is finally Christmas.

5B & Co. products in “Fraser Fir” are displayed by the store entrance Nov. 14. “Fraser Fir” products are the company’s best holiday sellers. photo by Amy Schaffer