Senioritis has got to go

Warning to all underclassmen: senioritis ahead.

by Kate Jones, Multimedia Editor

Hi everyone! So it’s been quite awhile since my last post and I have zero excuses except for the fact that I have major senioritis. Warning to all: senioritis is a serious and potentially harmful disease which affects your brain’s ability to focus and fulfill itself to its full capacity. Instead of actually applying to college, I spend hours at a time looking at the “fun” parts of college such as roommates, dorm room shopping and new clothes. However, I can’t actually experience the “fun”  part of college until I’m actually in college. That requires applying to school, applying for scholarships and keeping up my grades. This post is a reminder to myself and all other seniors, as well as a warning to all underclassman, to try as hard as possible to combat the awful case of senioritis.

1. Quit daydreaming about college and live in the moment. It’s hard to believe that every day at STA is one of the last I’ll ever have. Instead of sitting in class scrolling through college websites pay attention to your teachers because we will (probably) never get teachers that are as attentive and passionate about instilling knowledge into our young minds.

2. Keep up with your school work! I have never slacked off more in my school work as I have this semester… my classes aren’t necessarily harder than they’ve ever been, but I just have zero motivation to keep up with it. Get ahead of the curve and work on stuff when you know you aren’t busy because something is bound to come up that will be another “good excuse” to not do what you’re supposed to do.

3. Stay active in school activities! Just because you’re a senior doesn’t mean you are too cool for school (just because it’s a cliche doesn’t mean you shouldn’t follow the advice). Stay in all your clubs and extracurriculars and make sure you go to all school events you can, even if it doesn’t seem like it would be something you’d be interested in.

Alright, that’s all I have for you today, but I hope you take something from this article. I know that these things have probably been said to you over and over again, but trust me it’s actually good(ish) advice.

About the Writer
Kate Jones, Multimedia Editor

Hi everyone! I’m Kate Jones, Multimedia Editor of the Dart. This year is my second and, since I am a senior, final year on staff. I have many many passions including spending quality time with my friends, going out to eat, watching Wizards of Waverly Place with my little sister (who is a freshman by the way), shopping and last but not least traveling to new places. This year I’m so excited to be creating content that I truly enjoy, whether that be through my blog, my videos or infographics. In my spare time out of school you can probably find me making a new Spotify playlist, labeling soap, watching YouTube or Netflix or stressing out about my college decision.