Gabby Staker

Gabby Staker, Editor-in-Chief

Hi! I’m Gabby Staker, a senior writing and page designing through my third year on the Dart. It’s crazy! And this time, Julia, Margaux and I are co-editors-in-chief!! For as long as I can remember, I have loved words. When I was a preschooler, my mom used to take me to the library to “read” to therapy dogs. As a second grader, I sent letters to D.C., sure that my simple speech could reason with the president of the United States. During grade school, I loved competing in Battle of the Books. Now I find myself interviewing, writing and playing in InDesign. When I’m not working on things for the Dart and DartNewsOnline, you can usually find me hanging out with my four younger siblings, trying to ride horses, playing with my friends’ dogs, grabbing a hot chocolate at the Roasterie, or running (late). I’m super excited to pursue journalism and give a voice to the things which need to be heard- so, basically, more words!!

All content by Gabby Staker

Have mercy on Christian music

by Gabby Staker, Editor-in-chief
December 7, 2018
Junior Brooke Eldridge holds two dishes at her mom and stepdads restaurant, Corvino Supper Club and Tasting Room. photo by Meghan Baker

Star Spotlight: Brooke Eldridge

by Gabby Staker, Design Editor
April 3, 2018
Freshman Avery Spooner, left, holds a sign with K-life friend Shawnee Mission East freshman Meredith McGannon at K-life Hoedown Oct. 21. Spooner has gone to Kanakuk since she was 6 years old. photo courtesy of Avery Spooner

Song and sermon

by Gabby Staker, Design Editor
February 19, 2018
The STA choir puts on their annual Spring Concert Mar. 21. During the final two songs, all three choirs combined, accompanied first by Larry Figg on cello and then by Samantha Wagner on accordian, Kent Raush on djembe, Diana Edwin on tambourine and STA Staff Accompanist Robert Pherigo on piano. photo by Gabby Staker

STA choir hosts annual Spring Concert

by Gabby Staker, Page Designer
March 23, 2017
I am pro-woman and pro-life

I am pro-woman and pro-life

by Gabby Staker, Staff Writer
December 15, 2016
Assistant Athletic Director and Varsity Softball Head Coach Ty Abney initially noticed the disrupted turf on the west side of the field on Sunday. photo by Gabby Staker

Flash floods disrupt turf

by Gabby Staker, Staff Writer
August 31, 2016
Two math classrooms were built into the renovated Hub space. Adjustable desks allow for varied classroom setups and learning environments. photo by Gabby Staker

Math Hub opening day weeks away

by Gabby Staker, Staff Writer
August 19, 2016
Load More Stories