Hulu.com provides top-quality, free television and movies

No longer do siblings need to argue over the television, quality TV is a URL away | by MORGAN SAID

What it is: a free online video source containing most large-network television shows

Who started it: NBC Universal and News Corp.

Pros: easy to navigate, free TV viewing, easy search engines

Cons: not all shows and episodes are featured on hulu.com; videos frequently freeze and have to reload

I come from a family of six kids.  Usually, this isn’t a bad thing, but just like every family, we sometimes have our differences. 

For instance, the little girls like to watch Hannah Montana, the boys like to watch sports center and I need my weekly dose of The Secret Life of the American Teenager. 

We have enough TVs in the house to accommodate all of our shows, but we don’t have enough DVR space to record them all at the same time.  The likelihood of all (or any) of us kids being home in the evenings to watch our shows is slim to none, which can lead to major problems (i.e. yelling, fighting, tattle-taleing, deleting another sibling’s shows, etc.) 

Since majority rules and I’m usually fighting my TV show battles alone, I end up losing my recording of my show.  I always thought, ‘Ëœtough luck, that’s what happens when you’re the oldest child,’ but not anymore, thanks to a lovely website I like to call Hulu.

Hulu, created by NBC Universal and News Corporation, allows me to log on to their page, search the series I want to watch and pulls up every episode of the series accessible online. 

Watching TV from a laptop on Hulu is also a great way to pass time in the airport.  If only I had known about this exquisite website back in July, when my family sat in the Cincinnati airport for a four hour layover on the way home from Florida; especially since at that point I had read all of my books and exhausted my interest in the movies I packed.

Thanks to Hulu, there is one less daily battle to fight in the Said household.  Maybe now we could find a solution to our arguments about what’s for dinner, what time we have to be in bed, and what movies we see in theatres. H