Run for your life

Last weekend, I was home alone at 10:30 p.m. on a Friday night (I’m grounded, sue me). When I decided to go upstairs and watch TV, I made sure the door was locked and the lights downstairs were turned off. I preceded to climb the stairs in my foyer when suddenly I burst into a run…why? Because I was afraid that someone was behind me. In fact, I do this every time I am home alone and going up the stairs.

But it’s okay, because you do it too. Everyone does. There’s really not much analysis on this simple nervous tick. So let’s make this short and sweet–we all do it out of fear. Some run up the stairs because they think a robber/rapist/kidnapper is chasing them. Others run up the stairs in fear that a monster or rabid dog will grab them and eat them. If you’re looking for a different, philosophical explanation, you aren’t going to find one here. Go google it or something if you’re that interested.

The moral of the story is: don’t worry, because YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Even though there’s a 1.245 percent chance that this man actually behind you

Osama

there’s no shame in putting a little spice into your life by breaking into a sprint up the stairs from time to time. Plus, you’re burning 12 calories and building leg muscle–what do you have to lose?

This is a new generation; it’s time to be proud of the weird things we do–this quirk being one of them. So accept your fear and run your little heart out.

wEirdO