STA freshman has her ceramic art showcased in exhibition

Freshman Camryn Dimarco’s clay sculpture won an award at the annual showcase attended by art professionals from all over the U.S.

Freshman Camryn Dimarco’s award winning ceramic piece, green explosion. photo courtsey of Camryn Dimarco

by Maureen Burns, Page Designer

The National K12 Ceramics Exhibition is a competition from kindergarten to 12th grade in the United States. The competition was made to showcase ceramic pieces from all around the U.S. and professionals with ceramic specialties come to view them. The annual competition is hosted in a different city each year, and this year it was hosted in Seattle, Washington.

Freshman Camryn Dimarco had one of her clay pieces accepted into the National K12 Ceramics Exhibition. The piece is called “Green Explosion” and weighs 10 pounds. She made the piece in teacher Lisa Dibble’s ceramics class. “Green Explosion” received an honorable mention award.

“I just started drawing things out on paper before we started this project and the top of the piece didn’t work out how I originally drew it out to be, but then it turned out,” said Dimarco.

Despite not working with ceramics much before this year, Dimarco hopes to continue taking classes.