STA buried life meets The Buried Life

During the meet and greet, Dilks asked Penn to instagram a picture of us. About three hours later this is the photo he published with the caption, “Met some new friends who dreamed of getting on my instagram, so here they are. #UofK #Jayhawks #friends.”
by Maddie Knopke and Cecilia Butler

Hello fellow STA dreamers and believers. On Tuesday March 12, 2013 at approximately 9:36 p.m. we, Cecilia Butler and Maddie Knopke, had the pleasure of speaking with two of the original “The Buried Life” members, Duncan Penn and Ben Nemtin.

During their presentation at the University of Kansas, Cecilia Butler answered their famous question “What do you want to do before you die?” with the following response, “Before I die I would like you guys to be in a video for our school’s newspaper.” To our surprise, they replied, “Okay, yeah come talk to us after.”

Almost an hour later we anxiously waited outside the doors of their “meet and greet” room hoping to capture an interview with them on film. We were told by a KU Student Union Activities member their contract denys anyone the use of personal cameras or filming, however we were not going to follow that rule.

Along with Lauren Nagle, Rachel Smith, Sabrina Redlingshafer and Sara-Jessica Dilks, we walked into the room and immediately hugged them. They remembered us.

“Wow, you guys waited a long time! I was wondering if you’d come back to talk,” Nemtin said.

As we went to retrieve Maddie’s phone to film this interaction, another KU Student Union Activities member told us that their professional photographer was the only one permitted to photograph.

“No, no guys let us do this one,” Nemtin said.

And so we did.

We ask you the same question again, “What do you want to do before you graduate?”

You know where to find us… [email protected]