iMa wEiRdO: every girl’s fantasy..

Sunday morning, 8:30 a.m.

Late night, deep sleep, wake up:

Highlight of my weekend.

Why?

Because I get to pick/scratch/rub all the little eye boogers out of the corners of my eyelids.

I know, I know. GROSS. NASTY. SICK. WEIRD.

I DON’T CARE. And neither should you, for that matter.

Whether they come as morning goo in the corner of your eyes or a thick crust irritating your eye lid, eye boogers happen to the best of us, and are only natural.

In fact, eye boogers/gunk/crusties/sleep/whatever you want to call them are actually scientifically sound.

According to my good friend Wikipedia (what a trustworthy source), this thin mucus that forms around our eyelid, which may or may not dry to form a crust, is actually medically known as “rheum.”

Normally, blinking causes mucus to be washed away with tears. The absence of this function during sleep, however, results in a small amount of dry mucus forming in the corners of the eyes even among healthy individuals, especially children.

Whether you like it or not, you have eye boogers. And you have to pick/rub/scratch/pluck them out, or you will be seriously sorry.

Exhibit A:

Okay that’s just nasty, people.

Besides, what truly feels better than freeing the corners of your eyelids from that gunk that has built up overnight? Nothing, I’m telling you.

However, what’s really the greatest thing in the world  is when you have caked on the black eye makeup the night before, go to sleep, and let nature take its course.

That right there is going to form some epic eye boogers, that’s for sure…

Black eyeliner + eye mucus = a fun time for all.

And that is why there very well may be a plus side to waking up so early on a Sunday morning.

Go pick your own eye crusties.

Later,

wEirDo