bad hair day

This weekend, I had the lovely opportunity of sharing a shower with two other girls. When it was finally my turn to bathe myself after a long, sweaty run, I stepped into the shower and almost wet myself. There, on the shower wall, was “Hey,” written in thick, brown hair. Now many would freak out/faint/die if ever experiencing something as grotesque as this. My reaction, however, was quite different.

“Yes! I am so writing about this is my blog!”

Hence, this week’s topic: hair in the shower.

Why do we shed in the shower? And why do we always wipe the hair that falls out of our head on the wall/glass door of our showers?

In regards to why we wipe our hair on the side of the wall, I say, “Why not?”
Seriously, where else are we going to put it? Point #1, it would be a little hard for someone to hold her hair in one hand and bathe herself with the other. Point #2, if it wasn’t for that beloved shower wall, we would all be taking record-breakingly long showers. Consider your first instinct when you discover a lone strand of hair is wrapped around your fingers: It’s uncomfortable. You feel like a spider or something is crawling around your fingers. The first thing you try to do is get it off. So, you flick your fingers a billion times until you think you have gotten rid of the hair on your hand. Then, you discover that same strand of hair is on your other hand. It would probably take a good 3 minutes to get that piece of hair off of your damp skin. So, you wipe it on the side of the shower. Instant attraction.

So, my opinion on sticking hair to the shower wall: It’s genius. Not only is sticking loose hair to the shower wall convenient, but it’s also quite entertaining. Examine the pluses, and then try to tell me you think it’s inappropriate/disgusting.

Plus #1, it actually stays on the wall during the duration of your shower.
Plus #2, you can move it around to make designs in the steam gathered on your glass door.
Plus #3, you don’t have to worry about your drain being clogged with gross hair.
Plus #4, if you live in a family where everyone has the same colored hair, you can leave your hair on the side of the wall and say its someone else’s.
And Plus #5, in Addie Thompson’s case, you can use it to write a little message to the next occupant of the shower.

So there you have it. My advice: wipe your hair on the shower wall, and have fun with it.

Until next time,
wEirdO